Growing up and learning new lessons is tough I tell you, like what to wear and what not to wear, who to date, and why you shouldn’t slap your co-workers (the list goes on) is already tough, but come on… We all know who has the toughest time growing up– Middle children.
So you have the big one, little one, and oh yeah sorry, I forgot.. The Middle one! In my case There was the big sibling, 2 middle children (imagine how that went), and then the baby. Has there ever been a time in your life where you felt that maybe you didn’t receive enough attention or love? Well of course, you’re the what? Middle kid.
Along with not feeling “loved enough” by our parents, some other struggles of being a middle child are:
- Whenever there is a lead position whether it be at work, school, or friendship circles you probably didn’t feel validated enough to take on the lead because growing up you were just “floating around” in limbo while “the noble” older sibling took the lead and you followed along because it was your duty as the younger sibling, as much as it was the birth right of the older kid to take charge. At work when it was my first day being shift manager I stuttered the whole time trying to tell people what to do, no one told me it would be that hard! And by a lucky guess my boss said “You must be a middle kid.” Haha. Not.
- Sometimes you feel forgotten because the two end children are always taking the spotlight with their achievements, incessant whining over who knows what (usually the end kid does this), or just because they stole every bit of talent from your parents DNA and show them off. My oldest sister was always at the top in academics and parents were oh so proud, and me.. well the proudest my parents could have been of me at that time was waking up early for school.But I did take up playing violin.. why did I mention that?It doesn’t matter.
- Even being around your group of friends you feel “forgotten”. Especially if most of your friends are end children, which in my case, they were (or either only children). Their loud, obnoxious.. I mean outgoing personalities over-shadowed your abilities to be the life of the party or crack the joke everyone would still be laughing about the next day. Somehow you manage to float, but still seem like a background character. Once when my friends and I went out to subway, my friends who is an oldest sibling was buying lunch for everyone. He comes back to the table baring sandwiches and gives them to everyone, everyone’s enjoying their food (who coincidentally were end children) … Except for me! He forgot to buy me a freakin’ sandwich. I said, “Really Phillipe, because I wasn’t in the passenger’s side of your car when we drove here.” “Oh sorry,” he said. “I forgot.” I wanted to kick him in the balls.
- Again, as I mentioned in #3.. End children usually have HUGE personalities that make everyone want to sit with them! Usually these big things get in the way of the little personalities left to us middle children. Well FYI I know many middle children with abundant personalities.. It’s just that the big mouthed end pieces talk too much. Funny enough, that’s how my little sister (an end piece) got to be known as “The thing that won’t shut up, jr.” (my mom is #1.) Let us shine for once. Geez.
- Your parents love the end ones more than you. Maybe. Most likely. They say they don’t, but parents lie too. I remember a coworker telling me how one time he didn’t study for a test and asked his mom if he could miss school that day. She told him that the show must go on, and that maybe he’ll learn to study next time. He toughed it out and ended up with a C (not bad, eh?), but a week later his big brother who didn’t study for a test asked to miss school. Guess what? His mom let him miss school… You can only imagine how betrayed my coworker felt by his own mother dear. Don’t worry my friend, us middles know how that feels on occasion. Ouch.
- This isn’t another struggle. I just want the Malcolm in the middle, Alex Dunphy’s and others alike of the world to know that you matter and that of course your parents love you. Plus, I read a study that said middle children are more successful because being the “under-dog” they have more drive to achieve greatly at things. All Hail Middle children.
- Here’s a link of successful middle children (deserved or not) right here —-> http://m.wonderwall.com/movies/celebrity-middle-children-26006.gallery?photoId=118283
Come celebrate the great outdoors with mountain bikers, rafters, runners, climbers, beer drinkers, music lovers, and of course Kayakers. Bands will play every day and don’t miss the Homebrew beer competition! Homebrew Fest kicks off @ 4PM Saturday; Music starts at 2PM. Kayak Raffle Sunday @ 10pm. Rafting trips available with Adventures Unlimited or some of the other fine outfitters on the river.
Tickets from $20-$35!
Yes it’s almost that time of the month going back to college and your probably struggling trying to find out where your going to get your keys and how your going to move in. Trust me I’m in the same boat as you it’s Wednesday and I leave Monday to go back to school and I still don’t know the moving in processes once again and I’m a Junior, and you think that schools by now would have a game plan and that it wouldn’t take them so long to give it to the returning students. But no not HBCU school which I don’t understand because they know all this a month or two earlier so why does it take them so long for them to get to the student. Plane tickets been purchased month in advanced and we’ve already communicated with you when the student is coming in and you still don’t have are information this doesn’t make no sense at all. Their no way to avoid the struggle of slow HBCU Schools this how the game goes with them when you go to these’s type of schools you get the best experiences going to an HBCU School but the hassle and the struggle of getting any type of information about anything will take forever. So my key to this situation is to be patient and call them to make sure that you get your information for what you need even look on the website if you have to, but the best thing to do is call them so you can talk to a live person about any questions you might have. Have a good Back to School all you returning College Students
I need of some unique looks for your back-to-school look? I’ve found some ADORABLE things online recently that I just had to share!
- This Elephant Backpack – http://www.landofnod.com – Only $29.00!
2. This Black Fringe Coldshoulder Tee – Find it at http://www.loveculture.com – Only $19.95!
If you’re looking for something different and trendy, try fringe! I love this piece because you can never go wrong with a coldshoulder shirt. Plus, it’s super lightweight so it won’t be too hot for this muggy August weather!
3. Look ultra slimming in high-waisted pants, shorts, and skirts!
4. They’re lowering the heels for us, ladies! All over the runways they had these loafer-type heels. They’re lower, more comfortable, and have a bigger heel so we aren’t QUITE as wobbly.
I’ll keep my eye out for more trendy looks to make you stand out, while being up-to-date on everything chic!
I know we’ve all heard this saying before and I’m sure you’re all tired of hearing it, but I just wanted to write a little something to give hope and reassurance to those that may be going through a long distance relationship. I know from experience that absence really can make the heart grow fonder. I grew up with my mom constantly going out of the country for work for months at a time and saw my parents’ relationship actually IMPROVE from it. They fought less, they missed each other more, and their patience improved. It made them both appreciate each other’s love more and learn the importance of what the other had to say and felt.
So for those of you doubting whether or not it can work between you and your significant other, just know that yes it will get frustrating and you may feel lonely at times, but you also will gain such a deeper appreciation for the other person. Simple things like the sound of their voice or holding hands will seem like the best things in the world. Here are a few tips to keep the love alive and the relationship strong:
- Have a mutual understanding of what you both want. Reassuring one another that you have the same amount of love, care about each other equally, and are putting forth the same effort to make the relationship work will really enhance any relationship; especially a long distance one. Feeling secure and knowing that you are both on the same page is extremely important.
- Don’t OVER communicate. I know you’re probably thinking, “What is this girl talking about?!”, but seriously sometimes less is more. Just because you don’t see each other doesn’t mean you need to compensate that by talking 24/7. It will do more harm than good. Just like when you see someone too often and can start to get super annoyed by their presence, the same goes for if you talk to someone too much. You may think it is helping, but it is actually hurting the relationship. Give yourselves a chance to miss each other.
- Keep the sexual attraction strong. Don’t let the spark die or forget what it feels like to kiss and hold each other. Set a night aside each week for you two to say how much you miss each other in both an emotional and physical way. Flirt a little!
- Communicate regularly. You want to make sure you don’t NOT talk to each other. Seeing a “good morning” and “good night” text lets the other know they are thinking about them and want to make the effort. Sending photos is also a good way to remind your lover that you are trying to include them in your life.
- Be honest. Trust will always be one of the most important things to have in order for a relationship to work. Being in a long distance relationship makes it that much more valuable. Once you lose trust, the relationship will have a hard time recovering, if it will at all.
I hope these tips help any of you going through a long-distance relationship. Whether it’s just for a month, 5 months, or for up to a year or more, these should help you maintain a strong trusting relationship.
Happy Birthday President Obama he turned the big 54 on Tuesday August 4th 2015. He is the 44th president of the United States and aging gracefully on his second term in the White House, he’s the most prolific president of this era that we’ve had since Bill Clinton. Hes done so much for the young people of the generation including the Gay and Latinos he’s help this country grow in ways I never thought it could grow because of the horrible struggling eight years that we had with President Bush. Never would I have thought that Gay Marriage would be legal in 50 states that LOVE IS LOVE and it Conquers all no more does it have to be keeping quiet that your Gay you can be open about your sexuality you won’t be discriminated for your sexual preference no more don’t ask don’t tell in the army or anywhere in the work place, that all because of President Obama and his Administration doing what needs to be necessary not because it would be a right political move but because it’s what America needs. Also letting Latino’s have citizenship in the United States and not having to be deported because of how they came over here but giving them the American Dream Act that stats if you have a child that was born in the United States that the parents are now Legal Citizens because of their child and that all happen because of President Barack Obama we have a lot to thank this man for what he has done for this country so it’s only right that we wish him even thought it is late a HAPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIRTHDAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! and many more.