Are you looking to add a little spice to your virgin hair extensions? Bored with your “natural brown”? Do you want to dye your extensions but don’t want to pay someone to do it? Well I’ve got something just for you: a Fire Ombre Tutorial! Blonde and red were made for each other, and with the right dye and patience you can achieve this daring sexy look all by yourself. Start out by thoroughly brushing out your extensions and getting all the tangles out.
What You Need
1 packet of BW 2 Clairol Professional Bleach Powder
Red hair dye
Color safe shampoo and moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair
- Put all the bleach powder in the mixing bowl and mix in the developer using the applicator brush. Continue to add in developer until you get a creamy, but not watery, consistency.
- Lay your hair out flat on top of the plastic bags.
- Apply bleach to the hair in horizontal sections with the applicator brush. START FROM THE BOTTOM and work your way up to where you want the ombre to begin. Make sure you bleach every strand and turn the hair over and bleach the back of the strands as well.
- Wait until the hair lightens to a blonde color and then rinse all the bleach off.
- Shampoo the hair with color safe shampoo then condition it with a moisturizing conditioner that is for color treated hair.
- Then but your red hair dye in the mixing bowl and begin to apply it to the hair starting from above the beginning of the ombre effect and working your way down towards the ends. Stop before you reach the tips of the hair. It is not necessary to blow dry the hair before completing this step.
- Let the hair dye sit for the recommended time for the shade you desire.
- Rinse out the hair dye and then apply the moisturizing conditioner only.
- Let the hair dry and then add a moisturizer and a light oil such as Argon oil.
- And then you’re finished! Style as desired.
Your fire ombre can be subtle or bold and noticeable. It all depends on how long you allow the bleach and dye to process. The ombre can only cover your ends or it can start at the crown. The possibilities are endless. Make sure you give yourself enough time to complete this process. Rushing can lead to a bad mistake. Also, YouTube is your friend if you require a visual aid. I recommend MrsGlass2007’s tutorial video. You will find the link below. Remember, don’t rush and GOOD LUCK!
Brandi Giles Editor, Health & Beauty