Pumpkin Cake Pops
cake mix (any flavor)
1 can frosting (any flavor)
orange candy coating
1 bag of lollipop sticks
9×13 baking pan
- Pour the cake mix into a bowl and pour in the ingredients.
- Follow the instructions for baking the cake and then put it in the freezer to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled crumble it into little pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Add 2/3 of the frosting and mix it all together. It should be evenly moistened.
- Use an ice cream scooper to roll the cake into little balls.
- Flatten one side a little so they get a pumpkin shape.
- Place them on wax paper inside the baking sheet.
- Freeze them for about an hour or until firm.
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave and remove the cake balls from the freezer.
- Place each pumpkin on a lollipop stick and dip into the candy coating. Dip until the stick has coating on it to make sure the stick is secure.
- Place each pumpkin back on the baking sheet with the stick facing up.
- Once the coating hardens, melt the chocolate chips and pour it into a bag. Cut off a corner of the bag and use it to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth of the pumpkin.
- Store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
Homemade Candy Corn
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
7 teaspoons non fat dry milk
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
5 drops of vanilla extract
3 drops of orange and yellow food coloring
- Mix the powdered sugar and dry milk until it has no lumps.
- Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water into a pot and place on the stove at 230 F for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and mix with the powdered sugar and dry milk.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour into the sheet pan and place in the freezer to cool.
- When cool, take out of the freezer separate into 3 chunks. Leave one white and put 3 drops of yellow food coloring into one and 3 drops of orange into the other.
- Kneed the dough until evenly spread out.
- Roll each color into a rope. Line each rope up into the traditional color.
- Use a knife and cut into even triangles. After cut, place onto the wax paper let dry for about 2 hours.
White Chocolate Ghosts
Mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the prevails in half and place them spaced out on the sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until melted. Stir after every 30 seconds.
- Drop a blob of chocolate onto the pretzel rod, creating the body of the ghost.
- Press the mini chocolate chips into where the eyes.
- Set them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set it. Store in an airtight container.